Saturday, November 12, 2011

Drown sorrows in Peanut Butter Bliss!

Okay, so I have been doing the single mom thing for the last two weeks and I have decided that baking wonderful desserts is the best way of drowning my sorrows of being alone and bored.  Here is my recipe that you must try:

Perfect Peanut Butter Bars

3/4 c Peanut Butter
3/4 c softened butter
1/2 c sugar
1 1/4 c brown sugar
2 eggs
3/4 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
mix all ingredients above well, then add:
1 3/4 c flour
2 1/2 c oats (blend half)

spray 11x15 pan and bake 325 degrees for 18 min.

Frost while still warm with this chocolate PB frosting:
1/8 c softened butter
1 tsp vanilla
dash salt
1/4 c peanut butter
1/4 c room temp. milk
2 tbsp cocoa
Powdered sugar (about 2- 2.5 cups)

1 comment:

  1. Yummy!! I remember coming up to babysit or hang out and you would always make these for me! Your a great cook! I can't wait to attempt these on my own! Thanks for the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete